The IQ Level You Need for Different Jobs in 2022 – If you’re a job seeker, you must have been thinking of what you need to reach high-profile job positions.
Although there are various skills and abilities that can make your CV stand out, having a high IQ score is something different.
In this article, we’ll let you know what IQ is and what IQ score you need for different jobs.
The IQ Level You Need for Different Jobs.
What is IQ?
Intelligence Quotient (IQ) is a metric using which you can measure people’s ability to solve problems and think critically. IQ tests are used to measure this factor, and your IQ level tells you how smart you are.
In comparison to persons your age, your IQ test score lets you know how well you’re performing on various mental tasks.
This is a standardized way of comparing your brain ability to that of a peer group.
In general, the world’s theoretical average is considered to be 100.
Ranges of IQ scores
The nominal average for IQ scores is considered 100. Here is the list of different ranges of IQ scores and the type of people:
- Over 140: Genius or near genius
- 120 – 140: Very superior intelligence
- 110 – 119: Superior intelligence
- 90 – 109: Normal or average intelligence
- 80 – 89: Dullness
- 70 – 79: Borderline deficiency
- Under 70: Definite feeble-mindedness
Average IQ levels in different age groups
Of course, the average IQ score is different in different age groups. Here is how:
- For people aged between 16 and 17, the average score is 108, which is equal to the overall average.
- For people aged between 18 and 19, 105 is considered the average score.
- An IQ score of 99 is the average score for people aged between 20 and 24.
- For people aged between 24 and 34, the average score is 97, which is a bit lower than the preceding group.
- For people aged between 35 and 44, the average IQ score is 101.
- The average IQ score for people aged between 45 and 54 is 106.
- The average IQ score of 54 to 64-year-old people is 109.
- For people in the age group of 65 to 69, 114 is considered the average IQ score.
- And finally, people aged between 70 and 74 have an average IQ score of 119.
Which scores are required for different jobs
Now, you need to become familiar with different types of jobs people can do with different IQ levels.
Here are some positions that job seekers with IQ scores between 100 and 102 can usually take.
- General Office, Dispatcher
- General Clerical
- Police Patrol Officer
- Meter Reader, Inside Sales Clerk
- Data Entry, Printer, Teller,
- Cashier, Receptionist
If you have an IQ between 103 and 108, you can probably work as:
- Bookkeeper, Store Manager
- Drafter, Credit Clerk, Designer
- Administrative Assistant
- Customer Service Representative
- Telephone Sales, General Sales
- Automotive Salesman, Technician
- Accounting Clerk, Secretary
- Assistant Manager, Lab Tester/tech
- Medical Debt Collection
- Computer Operator
- Typist, Clerk
- Programmer, Sales
- Sales Manager
- General Manager
- Sales Accountant Executive
- Teacher, Analyst, Adjuster
- Purchasing Agent
- Advertising Manager
- Auditor, Systems Analyst
- Engineer, Chemist, Executive
- Trainee, Manager
- Research Analyst, Attorney
Can you test your IQ online?
Fortunately, there are many online tools that give you the opportunity to measure your IQ level for free. Here are some of them:
One of the most well-known online IQ examinations in the world is Free-IQTest.net. It has 20 questions that will accurately measure your IQ.
The thing is, when you want to take this test, you must include your birth date because the test calculates your IQ based on your age.
If your 10-year-old child wishes to take this test and his or her mental age is assessed to be 13, his or her IQ score will be 130.
This is also one of the newest and best online IQ tests available.
It was designed and presented by a group of McGill University students and professors and can be considered one of the most reliable exams.
IQ EXAM consists of 30 questions, and after passing the exam, you will be given a certificate indicating your results.
A good point about this test is that you can get important information on the standard deviation of IQ tests on their website, which will allow you to compare your findings to the majority of your community.
If you want to take an IQ test without having to register or wait for membership, 123Test is an excellent option.
It provides excellent example exams as well as scores, the number of correct answers, and an evaluation to see if you are considered eligible for high IQ communities.
It includes a limited-scope demo exam that can give you a good indication of what to anticipate from the actual test.
This is another great online IQ test site. Fun Education says that if you pass this exam, you will receive a Ph.D. certificate.
There are two different sorts of tests for adults and children under the age of 17 that are designed according to their age.
This is a mostly verbal IQ exam with a few spatial IQ questions thrown in for good measure. These kinds of IQ tests concentrate on verbal reasoning.
Your IQ score is one of the most important factors in finding a good job. Of course, you must consider the fact that many jobs need different sets of skills, and therefore, you don’t have to be worried if you don’t have a high IQ score. Try to work on other skills and abilities and remember that many successful people are not ingenious but hard-working persons.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site are intended to enhance public access to educational information and other endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.