MTN’s Gift Data service allows you to to transfer MTN data from your active data balance to your friends, buy data for friends, and request data from your friends. In essence, you can use the service to send and buy data bundles for your other smart phones, modems and tablets.
All customers on the MTN network can access the Data Gifting service
How to Transfer MTN Data, Bonus and Airtime.
- To use Gift MTN Data, you can access the service by dialing *131*7# on your phone, visiting myMTN App, sending SMS keyword, or dialing direct shortcodes for the respective options:
- The code to Transfer MTN Data and Bonus from your existing Data Balance with your friends and family is simply dial *131*Phone number* Data amount# or, text Transfer<space>Phone number<space>Data amount and to 131
- To Buy MTN Data for a Friend: You can buy a specific bundle for that special friend and you will be charged from your airtime. Simply dial *131*Bundle Activation Code*Beneficiary’s Phone number#
- To Request Data from a Friend you can request for data from that Special friend. Simply dial *131*7*3#
- To View Pending Request: check all your existing requests simply dial *131*7*4#
- MTN Bonus Data and Airtime cannot be transferred.
How to Transfer MTN Airtime.
The first step is to create MTN Share PIN Using SMS or Using USSD Code.
To create MTN Share PIN Using SMS, on your text messaging app on your phone, type ‘0000 Unique PIN Unique PIN’ and send it to 777 where 0000 is your default PIN. For example, type ‘0000 0803 0803’ and send it to 777. 0803 then becomes your MTN Share PIN.
To Create MTN Share PIN Using USSD Code, imply dial *600*default PIN*unique PIN*Unique PIN#, that is, *600*0000*0803*0803#. 0803 becomes your MTN Share PIN.
Furthermore, if for any reason you wish to change your MTN Share PIN to another set of numbers afterward, it can be done easily by SMS and the USSD Code *600#. This is necessary when you do a password reset.
After creating your PIN, follow these steps to transfer MTN airtime:
- In an SMS type ‘Transfer MTN Phone number Amount PIN#. For example ‘Transfer 08060000000 500 0099# and send to 777. Send ‘Yes’ to 777 to confirm the transaction. This transfers N500 from your MTN line to 08060000000.
- Dial *600*08060000000*500*0099#. This transfers N500 from your MTN line to 08060000000.
- Dial *777*1# > Recipient’ Number > Amount > PIN
- myMTN app > Sender’s phone number > OTP > Recharge > MTN Share > Amount > PIN > Receiver’s MTN Number > Proceed.
- MTN Smart Web > Sender’s phone number > OTP > Recharge > MTN Share > Amount > PIN > Receiver’s MTN Number > Proceed.
- Airtime transfers can only be done in Naira amounts and not in Kobo
- There must be sufficient airtime on your account before you can successfully share airtime. Postpaid customers can only transfer airtime when their account is positive, not negative. For instance, you would not be able to transfer credit when you have N-500.00.
- You can transfer from as low as N50 and a maximum of N100000 in a day. However, the maximum amount per transaction is N5000.
- BetaTalk and Yanfun Yafun users are not eligible to share airtime. Bonus airtime cannot be transferred.
Now you can share your credit with friends and families or make quick money selling credit from your phone with MTN Share.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.