African Water Resources Mobility Network  Scholarship Programme 2020.

African Water Resources Mobility Network  Scholarship Programme- They invited suitably qualified and outstanding candidates for full-time study in any of the Master of Science/ Master of Technology (MSc/MTech) academic mobility scholarship programmes of AWaRMN in any of the Higher Education Institutions within the partnership.

African Water Resources Mobility Network

These are:

  • Rhodes University, South Africa (RU)
    • MSc Water Resource Science
    • MSc Hydrology
  • Federal University of Technology, Minna, Nigeria (FUTMINNA)
    • MTech Applied Hydrobiology
    • MTech Hydrogeology
  • Makerere University, Uganda (MU)
    • MSc Chemistry
  • University of Kinshasa, Congo (UNIKIN)
    • MSc Water Resources


For successful applicants, AWaRMN funding will cover the following areas:

  • Participation costs (e.g. tuition/registration fees) of students.
  • Research costs (e.g. field work, laboratory consumables).
  • Subsistence allowance: MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per month.
  • Special allowance to female students for mobility equal or more than 2 academic years, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro per year.
  • Economy class roundtrip flight ticket and visa costs
  • Insurance (Health, accident and travel)
  • One-off settling-in allowance upon arrival to cover installation costs, viz – MSc/MTech: 600 Euro.

African Water Resources Mobility Network Eligibility.

Applicants must:

  • be a national of an African Union member state and resident in Africa at the time of application;
  • meet both institutional and partnership requirements for admission;
  • not have benefited from any form of previous support from Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, or Intra-ACP Mobility or Erasmus or Erasmus + programmes;
  • must be prepared to move from home country to another country where AWaRM has a partner institution. This also apply to foreign applicants who reside in a country with AWaRMN institution. For such applicants, you must then consider applying to a third country. For example, you are a Ugandan, but resides in South Africa or have studied in South Africa, you can not apply to Rhodes University in South Africa or Makerere in Uganda. Scholarships are attached to mobility.
  • Scholarship are attached to mobility and therefore you can not apply to an institution in the country where you are a citizen or where you reside.
  • If your previous degree is from a University outside of an African Union member state, you do not qualify.

How to Apply For African Water Resources Mobility Network

Applicants are invited to read the guidelines carefully and complete the application form.

The following documents need to be included in your application:

  • certified copies of academic degrees and official transcripts. Due to the COVID-19 situation they will accept unofficial document detailing all your courses and grades/marks obtained, including final grade point average or marks). However, if you are selected, they will require the official transcript, without which they will be unable to make a final offer to you.
  • A 2-paged CV
  • A 250 words motivation stating why you should be awarded a scholarship
  • A formal identity document e.g. passport, national identity card, driver license or any other officially recognized form of identification indicating your nationality,
  • Two reference letters (one academic and one non-academic). The academic referee must be able to attest to your academic standing. The reference letters must be submitted via the application system.

For more information: VISIT THE OFFICIAL LINK

Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.

Leave a Reply