There are many business ideas in Ghana that you can do. Now that you here, let’s introduce you to some of the top five profitable fast moving business in Ghana right now that yields high profits if you start as soon as possible.
It is not new to us that Ghana still have a very high unemployment rate. But luckily the country has numerous opportunities for small businesses to thrive.
However, some people might complain about the lack of capital. The good news is that some of these profitable fast moving business in Ghana does not require big amount of start-up capital.
Farming and transportation business top our list of profitable fast moving business in Ghana. Small business like fish farming apart from a low startup cost, it does not demand much space.
In the case of transportation, People travel and move around daily even on weekends. So, if you have a vehicle and register with either Uber or any other taxi company then you can start your transport business with ease.
A very smooth way to make money provided you have the time, therefore as regarded as profitable fast moving business in Ghana.
Top 5 Profitable Fast Moving Business In Ghana:
There are many profitable fast moving business in Ghana, some of these business can be operated online as well. lets figure out what these business are:
1. Farming Business in Ghana
Farming business in Ghana has become one of the most lucrative in recent years, creating jobs and opportunities for entrepreneurs who dare to go into farming business.
Millionaires are currently being made every year through farming in Ghana and there is certainly no end to the prospects of creating more wealth through farming in the coming years.
Why Faming Business is a Good Idea In Ghana
We numbers of reasons why farming business in Ghana is a good idea . Understanding these reasons will help you to think seriously about setting up farm in Ghana:
(1) Ghana has a huge population of over 29 million people. More than 80 percent of Ghanaians buy their farm produce from the market.
(2) Ghana has large expanses of fertile farmlands laying fallow across the nation.
(3) Ghanaian Government is seriously turning its attention to promoting farming in Ghana to help boost food productions in the country and minimize food importation.
(4) The government is willing to assist any would be farming entrepreneur/investors with the necessary supports and logistics.
List of Lucrative Farming Businesses in Ghana
- a. Rice Farming
Rice is the world’s second most popular crop after maize. Rice farming in Ghana provides a lot of promises for a future businessman.
The position acquired by rice is attended by large demand on the Ghana’s market.
The agriculture sector is the best valuable business in the world.
Therefore,rice production in Ghana, which is one of the most popular products in country is promised to be successful.
Read Also: 30+ Lucrative Businesses In Ghana
- b. Cassava Farming:
Cassava production in Ghana is extremely simple. The plant is to be placed in trays filled with soil.
This is where you stick the cuttings (stems) of the plant and within six months they will grow and turn into pretty big bushes.
- c. Yam Business
Yam is another staple food that is in high demand in Ghana. You can start a large scale yam farming business or you can purchase the yams at a cheaper price.
- d. Maize Farming:
You will never know the profit in maize farming in Ghana until you try it. One thing we like about maize is that everything happens fast. It takes less than four months between planting and harvesting.
- e. Snail Farming:
Snail farming in Ghana is said to be one of the most lucrative agricultural business you can start with little capital. But still, it is one of the most ignored animal rearing business in this country Ghana and other African Countries.
Snail farming provides one of the profitable opportunity to make money within a short period of time. But why are Ghanaians and Africans not yet fully engaged in this money making snail rearing business? The reason is negligence.
- f. Pig Farming:
Do you know that pig meat is very high in demand in Ghana and sells very fast anywhere (markets, shops, restaurants etc).
Pig farming business is one of the lucrative business in Ghana. This business is so profitable that it can fetch you millions of money within a year. Pig farming is becoming more lucrative and expanding rapidly here in Ghana and around the world.
- g. Poultry Farming:
Poultry farming is one of the cheapest and most profitable and lucrative farming business one can start in Ghana. This is a business one can venture into, which is generating thousands of money weekly, monthly and on a daily basis.
h. Catfish Farming:
There are many kinds of fish growing in Ghana, however, many people like catfish because its meat is juicy, soft and tasty.
Not everyone knows that this fish can be grown quite easily even at a small fish farm, you can even organize catfish farming at home.
The African catfish is delicious, easy to keep and grows fast enough.
2. Transportation Business in Ghana
Transport business is one of the hot business ideas in Ghana today. Why? The explanation is easy – everyone needs transportation in Ghana.
In a country of over 29 million people, imagine the number of people using road transport each day. Some people, in order to commute between their home and their place of work, spend a lot of time on the road.
The use of transport to move goods from one place to another should tell you transportation business one of the most profitable business in Ghana.
Also, we should consider the number of intercity travels per day. When you look at all these, you understand why this business is a hotcake.
What you know about Transport business:
- To succeed in this business, you must be ready to give your time and effort.
- You must be ready to supervise your business well since you will most likely employ the services of a driver.
- You must be well informed about the daily cost of running a transport business. For example, such daily expenses as the amount of fuel needed per day or weekly maintenance of your vehicle (s), etc.
List of Transportation Business In Ghana:
Here are the types of transport services you can offer in Ghana. You can either go into human transport or transportation of goods.
For human transport, it could be one of the following:
- Commercial intra-city transport (buses or taxis)
- Intercity transport service (car, buses or luxury buses)
- Commercial tricycles
- Commercial motorcycle
Transportation of Goods:
Transportation of Goods is also known as haulage.
You haulage for big companies such as oil companies, telecommunication companies, manufacturing companies, building companies etc.
Also, you can own tippers and transport goods from quarries, logging site or sawmills.
3. Electronics Business in Ghana
This is one of the top demand products to sell in Ghana. Every home in Ghana has more than one electronic appliances. The electronic products have a huge market and it is easily sellable.
Most selling electronic brands in Ghana are Samsung, LG, Sony, TCL, Canon and so on. As a seller, you can sell off these products online in Ghana.
List of Electronics Business in Ghana
Below is the most sort electronics business in Ghana:
a. Television and videos: LED TVs, Smart TVs, Televisions, DVD players, PlayStation.
b. Cameras: Camcorders, digital cameras, video surveillance, projectors.
c. Generators and portable powers: Generators, inverters, solar power, stabilizers.
d. Audio: Home theatre, Bluetooth speakers, soundbars.
e. Musical instrument: Guitar, keyboard, and MIDI.
f. Phones and Accessories: Phones and accessories sales are fast-moving products in Ghana. In fact, this is the most productive product to sell online in Ghana. In Ghana, both adults and teenagers like a flashy lifestyle that comes with owning a mobile phone.
Top-selling brands that are found in Ghana are Apple, Samsung, Infinix, Tecno, Huawei, iTel, Nokia and much more. The rate at which these products are in demand is quite overwhelming.
g. Laptops and Gadgets: In fact, these days, the use of a computer is steadily becoming indispensable in Ghana.
Almost everyone needs a computer, either for studies, business, communication or other things. You could purchase and sell these items online.
You can also buy used ones, repair and sell them too. A Lot of people discover the latest computers and even their accessories online. Some of the best brands found under this category are Samsung, Apple, Huawei, Dell, HP, Toshiba, computer accessories and gadgets for sale such as laptop bag, keyboard, mouse, printer, and flash drive, UPS, toner, are all in demand.
4. Lifestyles Business in Ghana
Fashion is one of the popular lifestyles business in Ghana, the fashion industry has penetrated through in all aspect of Ghana. Captivatingly, you don’t need a huge capital to start fashion business.
With just a little capital, you can start selling some high in-demand lifestyles products. Note, lifestyle business is not limited to fashion alone. Here are some list of lifestyle businesses in Ghana.
List of Popular Lifestyles Business in Ghana
- Women’s Fashion: products like clothing, pieces of jewelry & accessories, footwear, handbags, traditional wears, maternity gowns, underwear, and sleepwear are all hotcakes.
- Men’s Fashion: products like T-Shirts & polos, jeans, corporate suites, shoes, watches, underwear, and sleepwear are also in high demand.
- Beauty & Personal Care: Skincare, Haircare, Oral care, Deodorants and Antiseptics, Makeup, Personal care, shave and hair removal.
- Health Care: Foot health, Ear care, Women’s health, Medications, and treatment, etc.
- Vitamins & Dietary Supplement: Food and drink supplements, Weight loss products, Minerals & Vitamins.
- Sexual Wellness: Adult toys and games, sex products.
- Baby boys and girls: Shoes and clothing.
- Feeding: Baby food, food storage, bottle feeding, bibs, breastfeeding.
- Diapering: Diaper bags, changing bags, wipes, holders.
- Bathing and skincare: Shampoo, skincare, washcloths and towels baby gifts, pregnancy, and maternity Baby toddler toys.
- Baby nursery: Bed, cribs and bedding, nursery decor, furniture.
- Kitchen: cooking utensils, microwave, bakeware, storage.
- Dining: cutleries, small appliances, knife.
- Homes: iron, steamers, heating, furniture, wall art, home decor.
- Tools: lightning, power and hand tools, electrical appliances, light bulbs.
- Office products: stationery, office electronics, office cabinet, office, and school supplies.
5. Cement Business in Ghana
Ghana is one country that cherished real estate business, that is why Ghanaians like to build buildings, own properties, by that, I mean landed properties like houses.
Cement business is a lucrative business in Ghana because it is the most important material used in building houses.
We advised, If you are interested in starting cement business in Ghana, one of the possible way is starting as a cement distributor, though this scale of operation would mean a lot of investment in the business, you have to ensure that you are registered with cement manufacturing company in Ghana.
The necessary requirement that should be made available before starting this business include;
- Start-up Capital to buy at least 650 bags of cement, at least for a start,
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- You should also secure a Bank Reference Letter And Passport Photograph of the company or company’s director,
- As well as company representative.
- You will need a place to store your cement once you buy them from the wholesaler.
- Either a warehouse or a store is necessary in order to prevent your cement from damaging or theft incident.
- Your store is important because that is where your customers will come to buy your cement from you.
- Your business should have an address.