How to create an emblem? Modern companies and organizations use not only well-known logos, but also rarer signs. For example, emblems with which various firms or structures emphasize their individuality. In this article, you will learn about what an emblem is and how to create it using the Turbologo logo maker.
What is an Emblem?
The emblem is a symbol with which a certain specialty, idea or value is depicted. The emblem has a relief design, being an insert against the background of the substrate. While logos also have an advertising function, emblems are just symbols designed not to stimulate sales. However, they will also help to distinguish the brand from competitors and attract the attention of consumers.
If you are going to design a logo for your company, consider how it will be placed. This is important, as corporate symbols should be effective and attractive. It is usually located on:
- Clothes. Thanks to modern printing technologies, high-quality printing of images on any item of clothing is possible. For example, the emblem can be on uniforms, overalls, sports uniforms, promotional materials (t-shirts, caps) or inventory;
- Products. Quite often, the emblem adorns the packaging of various products. They can even be embossed. Such symbols have not only an advertising and presentation, but also a protective function, since it protects this or that product from fakes;
- Objects of outdoor advertising. Corporate symbols are placed on facades, signs, billboards and even on vehicles. It allows you to attract the attention of potential customers, designate the office or store of the company;
- In printing and web design. Emblems are printed on printing materials (business cards, calendars, booklets, etc.), and are also used as an element of website design.
How to Create an Emblem: Ways to Create Emblems
Wondering how to create an emblem? There are several ways to develop such signs. Most of them require graphic design skills or financial costs. These include:
- Order from a designer. You can get high-quality work for reasonable money, but there is also a risk of encountering an unscrupulous contractor;
- Order in a design studio. Higher guarantees of a decent result are compensated by a considerable cost and long terms of work;
- Independent production. Save money and make all your wishes come true, but for this you will need confident skills in using graphic editors (Illustrator, Photoshop);
- Order at tender. You can also buy an emblem at a tender by announcing a competition on one of the specialized sites for a fixed budget and choosing the best / best options;
- Creation on an online service. It is also possible to create an emblem online on your own without any skills, using one of the modern logo generator services (for example, Turbologo).
Having considered the methods for creating emblems, let’s move on to the main rules for their design – you will learn about them in the next section.
How to Make a Good Logo
Before proceeding with the development of symbols, it is worth deciding on the details of its appearance. Experts recommend following some recommendations during registration, namely:
- A good emblem has a relatively simple and clear design, as well as a legible inscription (if any). Remember that this symbolism will be placed on clothes, banners, building facades and in many other places, so it should scale well and not be overloaded with small elements, bright colors or complex fonts;
- It is advisable to design the emblem in vector graphics (vector), as it provides decent adaptability (when displayed both on the site and on the billboard) and harmoniously combines the image with the text;
- It is recommended to use discreet neutral colors (blue, white, gray, black) for your symbol, they are positively perceived by the audience, do not irritate or tire the eyes. It is worth limiting yourself to 1-2 primary and, at most, two additional colors;
- A very important factor is the readability of the lettering font – test in advance how it will look when compressed or enlarged emblem. It is best to use simple straight fonts (preferably no more than two) without extra monograms or serifs. Also pay attention to how the font will be combined with graphics – their dimensions should be proportionate to each other.
How to Make an Emblem Online
First of all, you need to develop a base in the form of a logo, and then transform it into a full-fledged emblem. You can easily do this through the Turbologo service:
1) Follow the link “Create a logo”, then enter the name of your company and slogan (if any), and also select the direction of its activity;
2) The next page contains a selection of dozens of possible logo options, you can also narrow your search by specifying additional keywords;
3) Next, you will be offered ample opportunities for editing the logo (color, font, size, location of objects, etc.);
4) At the end, download the finished logo to your computer in popular formats – JPEG, PDF, PNG, SVG.
Once the logo design is complete, you can add an underlay underneath to create your logo online.
For this you will need:
1) Choose a form for the substrate in the form of a specific geometric figure that will ideally match the specialization of your business. You can download it on the Internet or make it yourself in Photoshop;
2) After you have acquired a substrate, you need to put your logo on top of it – using graphic editors Illustrator or Photoshop;
3) Then you need to fill the background area with one of your logo colors (preferably a contrasting one) to make them solid.
That’s all! We hope the information provided will be useful to you. Good luck!
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.