Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is a need-and-merit-based award to recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, and recognized achievement in other key areas.
The value of your Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award is proportional to your financial need.
Financial need is determined by totalling tuition, fees, and living costs, and subtracting the financial contribution you and your family can make each year.
A standard needs assessment is based on the financial information provided by you and your family.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
International Leader of Tomorrow Award Eligibility
To be considered for the Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be entering UBC from a recognized secondary school, college, or other university.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard).
- You must demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent you from pursuing a UBC degree.
Please note: If you are nominated for a Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award, you will not be considered for merit-based awards, including International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards.
Applications for the award will open on November 1, 2020.
How To Apply For Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award
- December 15: Submit your award application and complete the online application for admission to UBC. Although you can specify two degree choices in your application, only your first-choice degree will be considered for the purposes of this award.
- January 31: Meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard.
- Mid-April: Nominees will be informed if they have received an award.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.