Mandela Rhodes Scholarships for African Students is open for all Africans students who are interested in studying a degree program in any South African Universities. The Mandela Rhodes Scholarships Programme is a combination of financial support for postgraduate studies and a high quality leadership development programme, with the intention to build exceptional leadership capacity in Africa. The Scholarship covers the cost of a Scholar as follows:
- A medical aid allowance as set by the MRF;
- Economy-class travel allowance for international Scholars only from the Scholar’s home to their institution at the beginning and back home at the end of their degree programme;
- Personal allowance.
- Tuition and registration fees as set by the institution;
- A study materials allowance as set by the MRF;
- Accommodation and meal allowances as set by the MRF;
Eligible Countries: African countries
- Applicants must be between the ages of 19 and 30 years at the time of taking up the Scholarship
- Applicants should have a history of well above average academic results
- Applicants must be Africans
Application Process: The applications timeline runs from March to November of each year, for the following year’s intake. Applications open in mid-March and close in mid-April. You will apply online, and access our application platform through our website.
Deadline: 23rd April 2020