Polytechnics Not Under ASUU – You may be wondering, what’s the main reason for this publication? Well, We have been receiving some questions recently such as:
- List of Polytechnics Under ASUU?
- How Many Polytechnics In Nigeria are Under ASUU?
- Is Nigerian Polytechnics Part Of ASUU Strike?
So this article intend to provide answer to the questions above. Apparently, there is no Polytechnics in Nigeria that is under the obligation of ASUU strike.
The full meaning of ASUU is Academic Staff Union of Universities. This was founded in 1978.
This union called ASUU is only charged with responsibility to supervises, regulates and oversee of Federal and State owned Universities in Nigeria.
In the case of polytechnics, The National Board for Technical Education, otherwise known as NBTE, is a board of education which supervises, regulates and oversee Polytechnics and Monotechnics in Nigeria. So ASUU doesn’t regulates Nigerian Polytechnics.
Polytechnics Education In Nigeria
Polytechnic education has been on the rise in Nigeria in recent years, many young minds now desiring to have a taste of the technical training in polytechnics before advancing to university for further education and degrees.
The nation has witnessed a drastic rise in the establishment of polytechnics and technical institutions in recent years, with many private polytechnics approved by the Federal Government over the past few years.
If you are looking for admission into a polytechnic in Nigeria, it is advisable that you go for one of the best polytechnics that are reputable in the country.
The reason is that there are many Polytechnics in Nigeria – both private and public – many of which are not even up to standard.
So you need to do your homework and find the leading ones in Nigeria before applying to them. That is why we have as well given the best 20 polytechnics in Nigeria below.
List Of Federal Polytechnics Not Under ASUU Strike
Below is a list of all accredited Polytechnics in Nigeria that are not Under ASUU strike with quality education and are academic excellence:
1. Federal Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti Is Not Under ASUU.
Federal polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti is one of the top 10 ranked polytechnics in the country with the best lecturers who offer quality education.
2. Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi Is Not Under ASUU.
Recently, Fedpoly Bauchi got NBTE accreditation for 53 courses to add to the already existing courses of study available at the school.
3. Federal Polytechnic, Bida, Niger Is Not Under ASUU.
The Federal Polytechnic Bida was fomally a college of technology when it was established in 1977 before it assumed full status as a good northern poly to attend in Nigeria in 1979.
4. Federal Polytechnic, Damaturu, Yobe Is Not Under ASUU.
This is another top federal polytechnic that is located in the northern region of the country and is dully approved to attend.
5. Federal Polytechnic, Ede, Osun Is Not Under ASUU.
It was founded in 1992, this school has ranked among the best major Federal Polytechnic in the country.
6. Federal Polytechnic, Idah, Kogi Is Not Under ASUU.
Established in 1979, the Federal Polytechnic, Idah was among the 10 Polytechnics created by the Nigerian Military Government and has been dully approved to function since then.
7. Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun Is Not Under ASUU.
The Federal Polytechnic Ilaro, Ogun state is a citadel of learning that was founded in July 25, 1979. This academic institution have faculties that train students is various disciplines.
8. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic, Ebonyi Is Not Under ASUU.
This academic institution was established in 1979 and it is located in Unwana-Afikpo in Ebonyi State.
9. Auchi Polytechnic, Auchi, Edo Is Not Under ASUU.
Auchi Polytechnic is another top federal Polytechnic in the country that admits up to 8000 students annually. It has been ranked one of the best academic institutions where students can attend in Nigeria and also one of the most equipped.
10 Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda, Zamfara Is Not Under ASUU.
This school was established under the administration of former president Shehu Shagari. This school is one of the best in Northern Nigeria, admitting more than 4,000 students in various departments and faculties.
11. Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, Adamawa Is Not Under ASUU.
The Federal Polytechnic, Mubi was created to advance free education in the north-eastern part of Nigeria where education is lacking. Located in Mubi, Adamawa State, this school has what it takes to be among the best federal polytechnic in Northern Nigeria.
12. Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa Is Not Under ASUU.
Another Nigerian Federal Polytechnic that serves the good people of Nasarawa and has well qualified lecturers that offer advanced practical knowledge to their students.
The Federal Polytechnic, Nasarawa was created on the 1st of July, 1983 to cater for the academic needs of the state.
13. Federal Polytechnic, Nekede-Owerri Is Not Under ASUU.
This school is one of the best federal polytechnics in Nigeria that is well equipped and offers academic excellence in its dealings. This is due to the efforts of its current rector, lecturers and staff in the institution.
14. Federal Polytechnic, Offa, Kwara Is Not Under ASUU.
Kwara polytechnic is another Nigerian tertiary institution located in Kwara state. Founded in 1992, the polytechnic offers accredited courses in both National Diploma and Higher National Diploma at undergraduate levels.
15. Federal Polytechnic, Oko, Anambra Is Not Under ASUU.
If you are looking for a top federal poly in the south east to attend, then federal polytechnic, Oko should be your choice of study as applications from eligible candidates for admission into the Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes and that of National Diploma (ND) programmes is open.
16. Yaba College of Technology, Yaba, Lagos Is Not Under ASUU.
Yaba Tech is one of the highly rated colleges established in Nigeria. This technical college was established to train students in engineering, technology, Management studies, sciences, and Art & Design. Yaba Tech is located in Lagos state.
17. Federal Polytechnic, Ekowe, Bayelsa Is Not Under ASUU.
The Federal Polytechnic Ekowe, Bayelsa state was established to train students that are willing to work in the oil, gas and environmental sector.
18. Hussaini Adamu Federal Polytechnic, Kazaure Is Not Under ASUU.
19. Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna Is Not Under ASUU.
20. Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, B/Kebbi Is Not Under ASUU.
21. Federal Polytechnic, Bali, Taraba Is Not Under ASUU.
Best Polytechnics In Nigeria Presently:
The best polytechnics in Nigeria according to Webometrics is ranked based on openness rank; impact rank, presence rank, and excellence rank. Below is the list of the leading poly in Nigeria presently:
1. Auchi Polytechnic
2. Yaba College of Technology
3. Federal Polytechnic Ilaro
4. Federal Polytechnic Bauchi
5. Lagos State Polytechnic
6. Polytechnic Ibadan
7. Moshood Abiola Polytechnic Abeokuta
8. Federal Polytechnic Ede
9. Petroleum Training Institute Effurun
10. Institute of Management Technology IMT Enugu
11. Federal Polytechnic Bida
12. Federal Polytechnic Oko
13. Air Force Institute of Technology Nigeria
14. Federal Polytechnic Offa
15. Kaduna Polytechnic
16. Federal Polytechnic Idah
17. Imo State Polytechnic Umuagwo Ohaji
18. Akanu Ibiam Federal Polytechnic Unwana
19. Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic
20. Kwara State Polytechnic Ilorin
List of State Polytechnics Not Under ASUU.
|1.||Abdu Gusau Polytechnic,|
|2.||Abia State Polytechnic,|
|3.||Abraham Adesanya Polytechnic,|
|4.||Abubakar Tatari Ali Polytechnic,|
|5.||Adamawa State Polytechnic,|
|6.||Akwa Ibom State College of Art & Science,|
|7.||Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic,|
|8.||Bayelsa State College of Arts and Science|
|9.||Benue State Polytechnic,|
|10.||Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic,|
|11.||D.S. Adegbenro ICT Polytechnic.|
|12.||Delta State Polytechnic,|
|13.||Delta State Polytechnic,|
|14.||Delta State Polytechnic,|
|15.||Delta State School of Marine Technology,|
|16.||Edo State Institute of Technology and Management|
|17.||Enugu State Polytechnic, Iwollo|
|19.||Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic (|
|20.||Ibarapa Polytechnic, Eruwa Oyo State|
|21.||Imo State Polytechnic, Umuagwo,|
|22.||Institute of Management and Technology, Enugu,|
|23.||Institute of Technology and Management|
|24.||Jigawa State Polytechnic,|
|25.||Kano State Polytechnic, Kano,|
|26.||Ken Sarowiwa Polytechnic, Bori,|
|27.||Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja,|
|28.||Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin|
|29.||Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu|
|30.||Mai-Idris Alooma Polytechnic,|
|31.||Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, Abeokuta|
|32.||Nasarawa State Polytechnic,|
|33.||Niger State Polytechnic,|
|34.||Nuhu Bamalli Polytechnic|
|35.||Ogun State Institute of Technology,|
|36.||Ogun State Polytechnic, Ipokia|
|37||Oke-Ogun Polytechnic, Shaki,Oyo State|
|38.||Osun State College of Technology,|
|39.||Osun State Polytechnic, Iree,|
|40||Oyo State College of Agriculture and Technology|
|41||Plateau State Polytechnic,|
|43||Ramat Polytechnic, Maiduguri,|
|44||Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo|
|45||Taraba State Polytechnic, Suntai|
|46||The Polytechnic Ibadan|
|47||Umaru Ali Shinkafi Polytechnic, Sokoto,|
|48||Zamfara State College of Arts and Science|
Private Polytechnics Not Under ASUU Strike:
- Dorben Polytechnic, Bwari, FCT
- Covenant Polytechnic, Aba, Abia State
- Crown Polytechnic, Ado-Ekiti
- Allover Central Polytechnic, Sango-Ota, Ogun State
- Fidei Polytechnic, Gboko, Benue State
- Grace Polytechnic, Surulere, Lagos State.
- Heritage Polytechnic, Ikot Udota, Eket, Akwa Ibom State
- Igbajo Polytechnic, Igbajo
- Interlink Polytechnic, IJebu-Jesa, Osun State.
- Kings Polytechnic Ubiaja
- Lagos City Polytechnic, Ikeja
- Lighthouse Polytechnic, Evbuobanosa
- Nacabs Polytechnic Akwanga, Nasarawa state
- Nogak Polytechnic, Ikom, Cross River State.
- Our Saviour Institute of Science Agric and Technology (OSISATECH), Enugu.
- Ronik Polytechnic, Lagos.
- Shaka Polytechnic Benin City
- Temple Gate Polytechnic Aba, Abia State
- The Polytechnic Ile-Ife, Osun State.
- The Polytechnic Imesi-Ile
- Tower Polytechnic Ibadan, Oyo State
- Wolex Polytechnic, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.