There is no objection that the Nigeria Electricity Distribution Company is working assiduously to improve their services. Before the advent of digital payment platforms, you will need to physically visit the nearest bank or the electricity distribution company to pay for your electricity bills.
Here you are going to learn in detail how to recharge a prepaid meter online from the comfort of your home.
Things got a little better as one can successfully recharge electricity units from one’s bank app without having to visit the bank in person.
But nowadays, it has been much easier to recharge your prepaid meter online without necessarily making use of a bank app or an ATM machine. However, this steps will guide you on how you can recharge prepaid electricity meter online because you do not have a bank app or you do not want to stress yourself going to the ATM.
Materials needed to recharge prepaid electricity meter online
- Phone number (This is where the token will be sent)
- Email Address
- A smartphone, Laptop or Desktop with an active internet
- Prepaid meter number (Usually written boldly on the body of your prepaid meter)
- ATM card details for customers who cannot transfer (Master/Verve/Visa cards)
How to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online
- Get any internet-enabled device e.g mobile phone, laptop, desktop, etc.
- Go to your preferred browser and enter www.nepa.ng or Click here
- Select the electricity distribution company you are registered with (e.g. Eko Electricity Distribution Company (EKDC) Prepaid.)
- Then enter your meter number.
- Enter the worth of electricity units you want to buy in Naira
- Input your phone number and email address and hit the submit button.
- Enter your credit card details
- Confirm your order summary
- In less than 10 seconds, a token is generated.
- Enter this token directly on your prepaid or postpaid electricity meter.
- Then you will have your prepaid meter credited.
How to top up your prepaid meter using quickteller: Video
These steps mentioned above are all you need to recharge a prepaid electricity meter online, even when you don’t have a bank app.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.