According to the message released on UI DLC Students dedicated email, We congratulate graduands on the successful completion of their programmes in the University. Graduation is a very important aspect of your life. Therefore, please read this notice carefully!
2020 UI DLC Graduation Ceremony Update:
1. Graduands are expected to collect academic outfits before the ceremony, after presenting the receipts of payment for the following:
- Hiring of Undergraduate Academic outfit – N3,000.00 (Three thousand naira only)
- Graduation fee of N2,500.00 (Two thousand five hundred naira only). Payable via Remita (obtain Official Receipt at Cash Office, University of Ibadan)
- Administrative charge of N500.00 (Five hundred naira only). Payable via Remita (obtain Official Receipt at the Finance Office, UIDLC).
- School fees containing the appropriate Graduation levy for Diploma/Certificate, First Degree and Higher Degree.
- Separate receipt of N1,000.00 (one thousand naira only) for the University of Ibadan Alumni Association (UIAA) Membership levy. The levy of N1000.00 (one thousand naira only) must be paid to the Alumni office.
- All graduands are expected to pay the levies as stipulated whether they attend the Convocation ceremonies or not.
2. Graduands are to follow the steps listed below to pay for Hiring of Academic Outfits:
- Log on to www.remita.net
- Click on ‘pay FGN and State TSA’
- Click on ‘FGN’: Federal Government of Nigeria
- Locate University of Ibadan – 1000107
- Select Service Type: University of Ibadan Fees
- Choose Hiring of Academic Gown Fee
- Enter the amount, narratives for the payment i.e. ‘being payment for Hiring of Academic Gown Fee for 2019 Graduation’.
- General Remita Retrieval Reference Invoice.
- Pay online with your ATM Card or Print out the Remita Retrieval Invoice to make cash payment in any commercial bank of choice.
- Print out online of Payment Receipt (Indicating the name of bank. ATM used for online transaction) and present to the Cash Office of the University to collect the University receipt.
- Present the Remita Retrieval Reference Invoice and the bank teller used for cash payment to Cash Office of the University to collect University Receipt.
3. Graduands are expected to pay a refundable deposit of N500.00 (Five hundred naira) only to the UIDLC Finance Unit at the Computer-Based Testing Centre, Sasa for their academic outfits.
4. Academic outfits, Notices and Order of Proceedings (if available) will be issued on the presentation of appropriate receipts, at the Computer-Based Testing Centre, Sasa-Ajibode road. Please note that Academic Outfits will not be distributed at the Convocation venue.
5. Academic outfits should be returned not later than 48 hours after the ceremony. Failure to do so will attract a surcharge of N500.00 (Five hundred naira) only per day.
6. Any damage done/caused to the convocation outfit/gown attracts damaging fees/ levies of N6000 for the gown, N3000 for the hood and N3000 for the cap as the case maybe.
7. Graduands who fail to return academic outfit will have their certificates withheld until they fulfil the above requirement.
8. Robing of graduands will commence at 7.00 a.m. on each day at the venue of the ceremony. Therefore, graduands are advised to be at the International Conference Centre at 7.00 a.m. on each day to ensure that they are properly robed. Please note that graduands who are not properly robed will not be allowed into the main hall.
Rather they will be expected to sit in the Gallery. The Faculty Officers with designated UIDLC Heads of Units will be seated with the graduands to ensure orderliness during the ceremony.
The tassels (cord) of the caps should be worn to the right for the First Degree Graduands and they will be required to move the tassels from left to right, at a point in time during the ceremony, when the Vice Chancellor declares: “I admit you all”.
This signifies their admission into the body of graduates of the University of Ibadan.
Higher Degree recipients should wear their tassels to the left since they are already First Degree Holders.
9. Female graduands are expected to show courtesy when they shake hands with the Vice-Chancellor, while male graduands will bow, but should not remove their caps.
10. Female graduands are expected to hold their caps in place with their hairpins to prevent them from falling off.
11. Graduands are to enter International Conference Centre through the back gate. They shall move in a procession at 8:15 a.m. into the hall on each day.
12. Graduands are expected to be seated in the section provided for them in the hall. Graduands who are nursing mothers are to be seated in the gallery for their own convenience.
13. Graduands and visitors are expected to stand when the Academic Procession enters/leaves the Hall and when the National Anthem/University Anthem are being sung or played. Graduands are requested to please be orderly and wait till the end of the ceremony.
14. For acceptable format of dressing for the ceremony, please visit the University of Ibadan website (www.ui.edu.ng).
15. Graduation ceremony is a solemn occasion. Graduands and visitors are therefore expected to maintain a solemn atmosphere throughout the programme. Movement in and out of the hall during the ceremony will not be allowed.
Wishing you God’s blessings in your future endeavours as ambassadors of this great Institution.
Thank you and God bless.
Francisca I. Ayodele
Deputy Registrar,/Secretary, UIDLC
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.