The University of Twente is a public technical university located in Enschede, the Netherlands. The University has been placed in the top 400 universities in the world by three major ranking tables.
The UT was ranked 65th in the Reuters’s 2017 European Most Innovative Universities, and, 184th worldwide in 2019 according to the Times Higher Education magazine.
University Twente Scholarships (UTS) are scholarships for excellent students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. Here is the application procedure.
Level/Field(s) of study:
Qualifying Master’s Programmes offered at the University:
- · Applied Mathematics
- · Applied Physics
- · Biomedical Engineering
- · Business Administration
- · Business Information Technology
- · Chemical Engineering
- · Civil Engineering and Management
- · Communication Science
- · Computer Science
- · Construction Management and Engineering
- · Educational Science and Technology
- · Electrical Engineering
- · Embedded Systems
- · Environmental and Energy Management
- · European Studies
- · Health Sciences
- · Industrial Design Engineering
- · Industrial Engineering and Management
- · Interaction Technology
- · Mechanical Engineering
- · Nanotechnology
- · Philosophy of Science, Technology and Society
- · Psychology
- · Public Administration
- · Sustainable Energy Technology
- · Systems and Control
Number of Scholarships:
International students from both EU/EEA and non-EU/EEA countries (see the official website for complete list).
University Twente Scholarships Scholarship Value/Duration:
The scholarship value ranges from € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year. In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year when they meet the process requirements for the UTS.
University Twente Scholarships Eligibility:
To qualify for a UTS, candidates must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
• Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
• You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021/2022 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
• You must have a student number.
• You have not graduated from a UT graduate programme;
• You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
• You comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills.
• You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
• The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class.
How To Apply For University Twente Scholarships;
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first.Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
The deadline for Round 1 applications which opens on 15 October 2020 is 1 February 2021 while the deadline for Round 2 applications which opens on 1 February 2021 is 1 May 2021.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to start the application process and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.