CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program invites exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join one of their interdisciplinary research programs that address some of the most important questions facing science and humanity in 2021.
About The Scholars program
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program accelerates the development of the next generation of research leaders and positions them to heighten their impact in academia and beyond.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars join a CIFAR research program for two years, interacting within a global network of internationally renowned researchers pursuing a fundamental research question.
In the setting of twice-yearly program meetings, held in cities across Canada and in other parts of the world, CIFAR’s programs bridge disciplines, develop a common language, and regularly spark collaboration and inspiration that lead to new research directions and fields of inquiry.
CIFAR is a Canadian-based global research organization that convenes extraordinary minds to address the most important questions facing science and humanity.
CIFAR is supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec as well as international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
Worth of Award
All CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support over two years. These funds are intended to strengthen their capacity to conduct research. Possible uses include, but are not limited to: research projects, teaching release, trainee support, conference travel, etc.
- Mentorship from a Fellow in their CIFAR research program. Mentors help Global Scholars to integrate into their program, and may provide guidance and insights on areas of interest to the scholar (e.g., research directions, career development).
- Opportunities to apply for time-limited seed funding to support collaboration across disciplines. CIFAR’s Collaborative Research Catalyst Funds motivate and support the launch of high-risk/high-reward interdisciplinary collaborations with other CIFAR Azrieli
Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows within or across research programs.
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply For CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program:
Please follow the link on their website to complete your application online
October 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.