The creation of plays are practically motivated by playwrights and dramatists. It is reason behind why the dramatists meaning in literature becomes a necessary fact to delve into. First, literature may be defined as any collection of written work, but it is also used more narrowly for writings specifically considered to be an art form, especially prose, fiction, drama, poetry, and including both print and digital writing.
By the definition above, the dramatists already have their comfort ground one on which they can be placed for due analysis. In this way, let us check out what and what is the dramatists meaning in literature:
Meaning of Dramatist
According to the British and etymological understanding of the fact, the dramatist is a person who writes scripts for plays. While the term is not often used, a dramatist is sometimes confused with a screenwriter. In fact, most screenwriters are dramatists. The difference is that screenwriters work with a screenwriter while dramatists work with a director and producer.
In a broad sense, the dramatist profession includes playwrights, screenwriters, and theatre directors. While most dramatists work independently on their scripts, some work in teams with the director or producer. A career in dramatics is a rewarding career and those who have put in a lot of hard work have become successful.
Skills of a Dramatist
The discussion of the job roles, responsibilities and educational requirements needed to pursue a career in the dramatist circle including the skills that you must possess will be the central focus of this content. Some of the skills which a dramatist must have are outlined in the following:
- Interesting and audience-friendly script writing abilities
- Good voice and clear tone
- Good development of plot and character
- Must be able to hold the attention of audience
- Managing a team requires skillful planning and organization
- The ability to motivate team members
- Artistic talent
- Ability to put forth aesthetic art work
- One must be aware of techniques used in drama
- Critical thinking is apt for this job in order to incorporate multifaceted thinking
- Problem solving skills
- Time management
- Leadership skills
- Good communication and writing skills
Responsibilities of a Dramatist
While the analysis of the dramatists meaning in literature has been looked into, we should be able to also dissect their responsibilities too:
- The dramatists should write scripts for the plays
- The dramatists should be able to direct the play
- The dramatists should be able to entertain the audience
- They should also know how to spread knowledge about contemporary issues
- The dramatists must present the drama in an alluring manner
- They should also bring life to a setting
- It is also the responsibility of the dramatists to provide cathartic effect to the audience in their plays
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.