The duties of chemistry degree holder in Nigeria military is to develop concepts, methods, techniques, and policy in the areas of chemistry, biochemistry, and weapons of mass destruction.
Just like every other places in the world, a chemistry degree holder is officially refer to as Military Chemists. They conduct and advise on research having military and/or medical application, such as protection of personnel from chemical, biological, and radiological agents; development, handling, and use of improved petroleum and synthetic fuels and lubricants; and, purification and control of atmosphere, as on nuclear submarines.
The Nigeria Military Chemists also perform experiments; devise instrumentation and techniques to record and collect test results; correlate and analyze data compiled in research; and, brief results.
Before you can launch a career as a Nigeria Military Chemists, you must have completed your military school of four-years college degree program or more. After your degree you will also undergo training in certain area to become military chemists. Like other officers, someone with a chemistry degree holder also complete a comprehensive training program covering responsibilities, military structure and etiquette, traditions, and leadership development.
Duties of Chemistry Degree Holder in Nigeria Military
The Nigeria Military Chemists work in a variety of settings, both indoors and outdoors, depending on the area of specialization.
In most cases, the duties of chemistry degree holder in Nigeria military perform their work in laboratories or offices. Other spend extensive hours outdoors collecting and analyzing data in the field. Although they observe strict safety precautions, some chemists may be exposed to hazardous substances. Below are some of the the duties of chemistry degree holder in Nigeria military:
- Nigeria military chemistry degree holder manage programs, projects, and activities in all parts of the nuclear enterprise to include nuclear hardness, nuclear treaty monitoring, nuclear forensics, consequence management, nuclear weapons employment planning, life-cycle management of strategic platforms, and nuclear technology research.
- The lead and manage highly technical programs supporting operations and intelligence
- Nigeria military chemistry degree holder direct or conduct research in chemistry by defining a problem, selecting method(s) of approach, performing experiments, accumulating and interpreting data, and publishing results.
- Nigeria military chemistry degree holder also maintain liaison with, and monitor projects under contract to, universities or industrial firms.
- They conduct or manage programs, projects, and activities to perform research/operational assessments, and to support highly technical operations and intelligence.
- They coordinate research management, including formulating, planning, fiscal programming, monitoring, evaluating, coordinating, and administering programs, projects, and activities.
- They construct experimental models, conduct experiments, and devise instrumentation and techniques to record and collect test results, correlate data compiled in research, and analyze and brief results.
- They engage in continuous development and modification to improve performance and suitability of products and production processes.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.