The Millennium Scholars Program is the premiere scholarship development program of the STAR Scholars Network. The program provides emerging and early career scholars with the opportunity to build the network and knowledge needed to advance their academic careers.
The Millennium Scholars Program supports advanced doctoral students and early career scholars (or scholar-practitioners) who identify with a low income, lower-middle income, or upper-middle income country, whether by birth, cultural heritage, or current residence. The program supports participants in disseminating their research and scholarship to a global audience. It is designed around a three-part series of engagements that include professional development, peer-to-peer support, and perspectives from leading scholars.
How to Apply for Millennium Scholars Program 2023
- Advanced graduate students, early career scholars, and independent researchers are encouraged to apply if they identify with a country or higher education system country in a low income, lower-middle income, or upper-middle income country.
- Applicants who teach or research in fields including international education, comparative education, human geography, global studies, linguistics, psychology, sociology, communication, international business, economics, social work, cultural studies, and other related disciplines are welcome to apply.
- The programme is intended to serve new generations of scholars who may identify with traditionally minoritized groups, marginalized identities, and/or reside in countries in the Global South.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
Value of Award:
- Peer-To-Peer Support: Participants join a multinational community of support that includes cohort members and a mid- or senior-level mentor in the network.
- Professional Development: Participants engage in working sessions where they share emerging ideas and drafts of their work to give and receive feedback.
- Perspectives Roundtables: Participants participate in events with leading researchers to share perspectives and brainstorm future directions for their work.
- There is no cost to participate the Millennium Scholars Programme due to the generosity of individual and institutional members who make this possible, so money is never the reason why someone cannot participate in the programme.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.