Dreams are state of being in another world of reality, the world that enable us feel the same way in our conscious world. Whether we remember our dreams or not. Dreams can be pleasant, happy, frightening, frustrating, calming, boring, bizarre or downright awkward. Has anyone else ever dream about loosing someone dear to you before? If Yes! this is how dreams can be frightening and frustrating.
Biblically, dreams are spiritually vested. Each night, you can have anywhere from one dream up to five or six, depending on how long you sleep and how many you go through but you may only remember the most vivid or repeatedly occurring dreams.
In the Old Testament of the Bible alone, there are more than 120 mentions of dreams. They are used both to give instruction directly from God and prophesize about the future. In the New Testament, Jesus gives a vision of his future kingdom to Peter, James and John in the form of a dream. So, this is what to do if you have bad dreams.
What to do if you have Bad Dreams.
What to do if you have bad dreams, Open your bible and pray to God, Say! Eternal God, I know that we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
I know that these bad dreams are the acts of spiritual wickedness in high places. But Father, I pray against the plans of the enemy. I pray for peace in my sleep. For I stand not in my own authority, but in Yours.
Watch this Video as a clarity to what you should do if you have a bad dream. The video by Apostle Joshua Selman is a clear message about what we need to do when we have bad dream.
Other tips to follow when we have bad dreams are the bible verses below:
John 10:10 =
- O Lord, when night-time comes, I feel the enemy’s attacks more intensely, especially when I sleep. I know that the thief comes to steal, and to kill, and to destroy, but I belong not to the thief. I belong to You, who came so that I may have life and may have it more abundantly. I pray for an abundance of life in my dreams, Lord. Destroy all bad my dreams. Help me sleep in peace. Amen.
Proverbs 3:24 =
- God of Power, Your word states that when I lie down, I should not – and shall not – be afraid. I have experienced multiple bad dreams that have caused me to feel scared, uncertain and hopeless, but I pray against my bad dreams. I pray that when I lie down, I will not be afraid, instead I will sleep, and it will be sweet! I will get genuine rest and will not lose sleep over the enemy’s games. In the powerful name of Jesus, I pray. Amen.
Isaiah 59:19 =
- Mighty Savior, I pray to Your holy name in my room right now before I sleep. I know that the name of the Lord is feared from the west, and Your glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy comes in like a flood in my dreams, lift me up against him with Your Holy Spirit. I will see the victory in my sleep, my mighty Savior. You do not faint or grow weary at the attacks of the adversary, so I put my trust in You to end my bad dreams. Amen.
2 Timothy 1:7 =
- Prince of Peace, I know that You have not given me the spirit of fear. However, I feel fearful when I sleep because of the bad dreams that surround me. Cover me with Your word right now. You have given me the spirit of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. The bad dreams that the enemy has planted in my life will no longer take this peace that You have promised, from me. Amen.
Matthew 18:18 =
- O Mighty God, I pray against my bad dreams right now. I pray that whatever I bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; whatever I loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. I bind up the attacks that the adversary has had on my sleep in Jesus’ Name. Please give me sweet, God-given dreams when I lay my head to rest. I pray that the plans that the enemy has on my sleep be destroyed. Amen.
Luke 10:19 =
- Heavenly Father, I adore You because You have given me the power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt me! Lord, I choose to exercise my power, especially at night when I dream. I tread on the gateway that the enemy used to enter and interrupt my dreams. I pray that the bad dreams that I had have not by any means hurt me. Amen.
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.