YouthLead Ambassador program call for application to serve as Ambassador. USAID seeks self-directed and motivated young changemakers with a proven track record in supporting and mobilizing other young people in their communities, and at the local, regional, or national level as advocates, community organizers, or social impact entrepreneurs.
The YouthLead Ambassador program is a six-month professional development and leadership opportunity for young changemakers between the ages of 18 and 35 years with a proven track record in mobilizing other young people to have a positive impact in their community.
Ambassadors play a key role in bringing the benefits of YouthLead to national, regional, and local groups of changemakers, raising visibility and awareness about the YouthLead platform as a resource and networking hub for changemakers.
As part of the program, the YouthLead Ambassadors design and implement awareness campaigns on critical issues impacting young people; host learning events that contribute to knowledge, skill-building, local engagement, and peer-to-peer networking; and contribute their ideas on how to make the platform more relevant to changemakers in our network to the YouthLead team.
The Ambassadors are competitively selected from thousands of candidates through an open application process that takes place twice a year.
First and second cohort of YouthLead Ambassadors were selected from among over 2,000 applicants from over 200 countries and territories.
Selected applicants will commit 4-6 hours per month to act in their role between November 2020 through April 2021.
Benefits Of YouthLead Ambassador Program
YouthLead Ambassadors receive a nominal stipend of $300 USD at the conclusion of their successful ambassadorship.  Success is defined as meeting 95 percent of the benchmarks outlined below.
In addition, Ambassadors will be featured on the YouthLead platform, in the YouthLead newsletter, and in social media, announcements to recognize their work as a young changemaker. Ambassadors may also get visibility with YouthLead sponsors and other relevant influencers. Successful Ambassadors may request a letter of completion upon the successful conclusion of their YouthLead role.
Application Period: August 31, 2020 – September 25, 2020 (5 p.m. EST)
Duration of Ambassadorship: November 20, 2020 – April 20, 2021
Time Commitment: 4-6 hours per month
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Be a young changemaker resident in a low-or middle-income (LMIC) country, as listed here, between the ages of 18-35 (at the time of application and through the end of April 2021).
- Be active as changemakers in the youth-development sector at the local, regional, national, or global level, or must have some experience working on social issues. Demonstrated ability to organize community activities is an advantage.
- Have an active presence on any of the following social media platforms; Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Experience in organizing social media campaigns, chats, discussions, etc., will be an advantage.
- Provide a convincing description of how they will use YouthLead to engage new changemakers, both on and offline, and recruit new changemakers to the YouthLead network and platform.
- Have the ability to access the internet to be active on the YouthLead platform, participate in conference calls, and lead webinars as described above.
- Have the availability to commit at least 4-6 hours per month.
- Have created or be an active member(s) of a youth changemaker local, regional, or international network, affiliation, or youth club/group.
- Be able to demonstrate how s/he plans to leverage his/her network(s) to highlight and showcase YouthLead as a place for changemakers.
- Have a YouthLead profile that is at least 80 percent complete, including a description of his/her interests, work, and background. Applicants are encouraged to also post their projects in the “PROJECTS” section of the YouthLead site. (Here is a video on how you can register on the youthlead.org platform HOW TO JOIN YOUHTLEAD.ORG?)
- Possess good conversational English language skills and actively participate in conference calls with the YouthLead team in English. Knowledge of other languages (e.g., Spanish, French, Arabic) is an advantage.
- Be self-motivated and creative.
- Have strong collaboration and communication skills.
- Willing and able to meet the requirements described in the role description above.
Applicants may include an optional CV with their application (no more than 500 words maximum.)
For More Information: Click Here
Copyright Alert: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. In the case of re-publication in online platforms, proper acknowledgment include, but not limited to LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE And proper REFERENCING in research usage. All contents are protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.