UI DLC GES Courses are the compulsory General Studies Courses both O’Level and Students admitted through Direct Entry in all session MUST register before completing the programme in distance learning centre.
Students are expected to register for General Studies Courses alongside with their departmental courses online through the UIDLC portal.
Examinations of GES courses are usually taken at the end of the semester in which the courses are taught. For logistic reasons, GES courses are examined before or after examinations for departments in UI Distance Learning Centre.
In UI Distance Learning Centre, all GES examination are CBT Based and the results are released immediately after submission.
Note that GES 101, GES 107, GES 201 GES 108, GES 104, GES 106 and GES 301 are compulsory among other courses that would be chosen among in line with departmental requirements.
List Of UI DLC GES Course
These are the course codes and titles of all GES courses available for students admitted for all academic session in UI Distance Learning Centre.
|GES 101||Use of English I||C||All|
|GES 105||Agriculture, Renewable Natural||C|
|Resources, Animal Husbandry and|
|GES 106||Philosophy and Logic||C|
|GES 107||Reproductive Health, STIs and HIV||C|
|GES 201||Use of English II||C|
|GES 301||Introduction to Entrepreneurial Skills||C|
How To Register UI DLC GES Courses
1. Students admitted through O’Level must not register for more than two(2) GES courses in a session (i.e GES 101 and GES 107 in the first year of their degree programme, GES 201 and one other in the second year and GES 301 and one other in the third year.
2. Students admitted through Direct Entry (DE) must not register for more than three(3) GES courses in a session (i.e. GES 101, GES 107 and one other , GES 106, GES 104 and GES 105 .
Online GES Registration Process for Students is done on the students Portal (http://newportal.dlc.ui.edu.ng)
All you need to do is log on to your portal with your matric number and password, then click on register course and select all the required GES courses to register.
Required GES Courses For 100 Level
If your are in 100 Level, here are the number of GES to register for your first and second semester.
1. GES 101 = Use of English I
2. GES 108 = French
Required GES Courses For 200 Level
If your are in 200 Level, here are the number of GES to register for your first and second semester.
1. GES 106 = Philosophy and Logic
2. GES 107 = Reproductive Health, STIs and HIV
3. GES 201 = Use of English II
Required GES Courses For 300 Level
If your are in 300 Level, here are the number of GES to register for your first and second semester.
1. GES 301 = Introduction to Entrepreneurial Skills-
2. GES 104 = Science and Mankind
If you follow the above guidelines properly as described above, you will have completed the required GES courses in 300 level which means in your 400 Level you need need to register for GES.
Students who fail a GES course shall re-register for the course and can only repeat the examination at the next available opportunity for students in their Departments/Faculties.