DAAD Former Scholarship – The aim of this programme is to enable former scholarship holders to carry out research and working projects in Germany and to maintain contacts as part of DAAD’s global alumni network.
DAAD Former Scholarship Requirements
- Former holders of DAAD research grants or study scholarships, whose funding was provided by the Federal Foreign Office for a period of over six months
- Former East German scholarship holders who studied for at least one year in Germany
- Applicants may not have lived in Germany for at least three years.
- The research or working project must be coordinated with a cooperation partner in Germany.
- Research and working projects at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany
- Working stays at an institution in business, administration, culture or media for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector.
- A research or working visit can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant’s work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers
2,150 euros for professors
Monthly payments for former scholarship holders who work outside the science sector will be calculated based upon their qualifications accordingly.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding.
- Other payments cannot be made.
Health insurance coverage is mandatory in Germany. If you do not have a corresponding home health insurance, you will be insured by the DAAD. The costs will be deducted from the scholarship payment.
DAAD Former Scholarship Selection
An independent selection committee reviews applications.
The most important selection criteria are:
- Academic achievements and, if applicable, publications, which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- A convincing and well-planned research or work project
- In the case of working stays outside the science sector, particular attention is paid to the following questions:
– Will the stay in Germany have a sustainable effect on your professional activity?
– Can you expect it to have multiplier effects, for example, in the form of planned publications?
– Will your stay in Germany promote existing corporations?
How To Apply For DAAD Former Scholarship
The application procedure occurs online through the DAAD portal. The access to the DAAD portal opens about 6 weeks before the application deadline.
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- If necessary, list of academic publications
- Comprehensive statement about research or working project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutions / cooperation partners) of planned research or working visit
- Letter from host institution confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant’s proposal and guarantees that the project will be supervised and a workplace provided
April 1st 2021
READ MORE SCHOLARSHIPS:
- Rowan Williams Scholarship At University Of Cambridge, UK 2021.
- How To Apply For DAAD Scholarship in Germany 2021.
- Swedish Defence University Scholarship, Sweden 2021- Apply Here.
- How To Apply For Johns Hopkins University scholarship, USA 2021.
- Harvard Kennedy School Scholarship, USA 2021- Application Method.
- Murdoch University Vice Chancellor Development Fund – Australia 2021
- Lethbridge School of Graduate Studies Scholarship– Canada 2021.
- Japan YLP Scholarship Programs 2021- Start Application Here.
- Nigeria LNG Limited Undergraduate Scholarships 2020/21- Apply Now.
We Believe This Article Was Helpful, Don’t Hesitate To Share This Information With Your Friends On Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp and Google plus.
Disclaimer: The contents on this site is provided as an information guide only. They are intended to enhance public access to information about Education and other Endeavors. While every effort is made in preparing good information, no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of this site for any errors, omissions or misleading statements. Although every effort is made to ensure the reliability of this site.
Copyright: Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgement. All contents are protected by DMCA.
The content on this site is posted with good intentions & information purposes. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, make sure you contact us via This Means to file a complaint & actions will be taken immediately.